Thursday, October 29, 2009

7th Chloroplast Opening

The students in the 7th grade have been working on opening up the chloroplast in the leaves from various plants and letting the chlorophyll come out. The purpose of chlorophyll is to assist the plant in making food for itself by utilizing energy from sunlight and nutrients from the soil. The chlorophyll is green because it absorbs red and blue wavelengths of light and so green is not absorbed and is reflected, making the plant look green to your eyes.








1 comment:

Savannah Lynn Tompkins said...

hey mrs.melton....that was really fun but my leaf would never do what I wanted it to and it just had a dab of cloroplast in it and mine is the worst 1 and im sos sad and mad at the same time asnd I hope we get to do that again and remember when rodneys top of the hammer came of that was so funny and I really lved that lab.....u r the most awsome teacher ever